See Sarah Run SF Coaching!
I have been running in a competitive aspect since my high school days, ran 2 years collegiate for a Division 1 school (Missouri State) as a sprinter, where I excelled in the 100meter- 200meter distance. Post-college I dabbled in ‘longer’ distances of 3-5 miles (Yes that was LONG to me!) and some fun 5k and 10k distance races.
When I moved to San Francisco in the beginning of 2005 I found a very active and athletic running scene and wanted to become a part of it. I trained for and raced my first half marathon in 2007 and was hooked. From there I ran a couple more half marathons then my first marathon in Chicago in 2008. I was then sucked into the world of triathlon (thanks to my then boyfriend- now husband- who was training for his first Ironman). Several triathlons later, including a full Iron-man Lake Placid 2009, I went back to my true love of running and discovered the trails in the Marin Headlands and Mt Tam just North of San Francisco. And now I mix it up with speed on the track and road, with the longer challenging climbs of trails and mountains.
Some of my most noted accomplishments:
- 5k PR 18:27 San Francisco Kaiser 5k 2/2019
- 10k PR 38:21 Silicone Valley 10k 4/2019
- Half marathon PR 1:22:40 M2B Half Marathon 5/2019
- Marathon PR 2:58:25 California International Marathon 12/2018
- Northface Challenge SF 12/2014 – 50 mile distance 9:58
- I have run 20+ half marathons trail and road
- 20+ marathons trail and road
- 20+ Ultra distance runs/ races
- Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge April 2015 (3:15xx and 3:25 marathons 6 days apart)
- The Dipsea Race and Mt Tam Hill Climb
- Rim 2 Rim 2 Rim in the Grand Canyon May 2015 in 12hours 15min
- Personal Trainer Certified by NASM since 2014
- Certified Run Coach by RRCA Level 1 since 2015, Level 2 since 2019
- USATF Certified Run Coach since 2016
Coaching: Individualized training (created and executed in VDOT):
Monthly: $125/ month
Each plan includes:
- Initial Email Consultation
- Initial Phone Consultation.
- Evaluation of Race/Training History/Current running level (based on questionnaire).
- We will assess future race/training goals.
- I will create an individualized training plan and update every week based on your feedback (in VDOT) and performance. The training plan includes a detailed description of each workout – distance/ intensity or pace/ duration, etc. and I base your plan on your preference of number of days running, which days you prefer to run, your long run day (if applicable), specific days off, etc.
- Interactive training plan
- Communication via VDOT platform, email and/or text
- Race week and race day execution game plan.
- Long run/race day nutrition and hydration recommendations.